Thursday, May 30, 2013

Longing for The Presence of God.

     One thing I have asked from the Lord. that shall I seek, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, and behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple.
                                                      Psalm 27:4 NASB

     David here has one consuming passion that swallows up all other desires. He is not longing to spend the rest of his days living in the temple, his one desire is to live in the presence of the Lord. I like how the Amplified Bible puts it.
     One thing I have asked of the Lord, that will I seek,inquire for, and {insistantly} require: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord {in His presence} all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty {the sweet attractiveness and delightful loveliness} of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.
     It is God that he desired above all else. He longed for God's presence, he desired intimate fellowship with the one he loved and longed for above all else. He wanted to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate upon Him and His ways. It was all about The Lord.  
     This was the same passion that drove Paul to abandon all and to pursue Christ (Philippians 3:7-14). To be sure, these men had prayer requests and asked God for different things, but unlike most of us, they really sought God for Himself alone!
     May God ignite a like passion in our hearts as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment