Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Is Christ Enough?

     Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places.
                                  Habakkuk 3:17-19 NASB

     This passage of scripture brings us face to face with a pressing question. If I lost everything, if disaster struck my life, would God be enough?
     It is easy to read these verses, and indeed many of us often do, and think to ourselves that yes, God is enough. We feel that our faith is strong, and that we are satisfied with Him. It is one thing to watch a man push some one in a cart across a tightrope stretched high above a canyon, and believe that he could get us across, but quite another thing to actually get into the cart.
     Are we really content with God alone? Is He enough, is He all? In the hustle and bustle of life, in this age of instant gratification, is Christ enough, or are we clinging tightly to the material things of this earth? Could we say He was enough even if faced with the loss of a loved one? These are hard questions, but Christ must be all, if He is to be enthroned within our hearts.
   

         

No comments:

Post a Comment