Friday, March 30, 2012

There can be no excuses.

      For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgement.
     Psalm 51:3,4 ESV

     I work at a place that employs about 135 people. It always amazes me how many individuals have excuses for their mistakes. If something is broken, or something is made wrong, there is always an excuse. Often someone else is blamed for what is done. Seldom does anyone just admit they did it wrong, they have nothing else to say, they were wrong.
     It works the same way with repentance toward God. There can be no justifying of sinful actions, no excuses, no blaming others, no sugarcoating of sin. We must take the blame for our sin. We must admit that God is right, we are wrong. Repentance sees sin for the first time the way God sees it, vile and offensive. Instead of arrogant excuses, the truly repentant soul humbly confesses its sin to God with a broken heart, and turns from it.
   




No comments:

Post a Comment